Stove starts overnight apartment fire

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY – An apartment building was evacuated early Thursday morning after someone left food on the stove. 

Around 4 a.m. multiple fire agencies raced to the McGuire Plaza Building near N.E. 12th St. and Lottie Ave. after someone called and reported smoke.

The smoke was reported on the third or fourth floor, so all 162 people inside that apartment building were evacuated as a precaution.

Crews worked fast and determined the smoke was caused by food on the stove.

One person did need to go to the hospital for smoke inhalation but no other injuries were reported.

Those crews have since left and those residents are back home this morning!

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Don't Miss

Latest News

More News

Popular

KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter