Teen accused of infamous pharmacy robbery back in jail

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY — An Oklahoma City teen convicted of murder after a botched robbery is back behind bars Wednesday.

The shooting resulted in a life sentence for pharmacist Jerome Ersland.

One of the robbers, Jevontai Ingram, pleaded guilty to the crime only to be released earlier this year.

Ingram has had two incidents in recent days.

One involved destruction of private property, another for being disruptive at a probation hearing.

The district attorney said the incidents could mean a return to prison for Ingram.

The teen initially cooperated with prosecutors in exchange for a deal treating him as a youthful offender.

“The system would implode if we couldn’t make deals like that,” attorney Doug Friesen said.

Friesen doesn’t have a problem with the deal that let Ingram to walk free this year but he believes as long as Ersland remains behind bars for killing Antwun Parker, Ingram should be in custody as well.

“I certainly consider Ingram more of a threat than Jerome Ersland,” Freisen said.

Ingram’s trouble began at an apartment complex last week where, according to the police report, Ingram and his littler brother were arguing over girls.

“He got into some type of fight with his brother. The mother refused to get involved which enraged Ingram,” Oklahoma City Police Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said.

The report claims Ingram went to the parking lot in front of the building and destroyed his mom’s car.

“He broke all the glass in the car and stomped on the hood and the roof,” Wardlow said.

For her part, Ingram’s mom said her son is trying to move on from his past.

“He can’t have a second chance in Oklahoma City because of who he is, because of what happened; he did his time,” Natasha Ingram said. “He can’t go to school here. He can’t get a job here. He can’t do nothing here, because of who he is.”

“It doesn’t surprise me that he’s back in trouble,” Freisen said. “I hadn’t expected it quite this soon but apparently the rehab didn’t take.”

Ingram had five months to remain clear of the law after his release.

If he did, his record would have been cleared.

As it stands now, a judge could force him to serve some of his life sentence.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

More News

National News

More U.S & World

Washington D.C.

More Washington

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Daily Oklahoma Coronavirus Data


Contact In Your Corner Team

Latest News

More News

KFOR Digital Originals

More Digital Original

Follow @KFOR on Twitter