Toxic threat to your pet may be found in your yard

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

EDMOND, Okla -- Like most dogs,Kobi and Boulder love to explore.

They are notorious for experiencing the environment with the mouths.

Pet Owner, Daniel Korallus told us, "They love eating everything they can get a hold of."

In our lawns, planters, even at the neighborhood dog park, potentially dangerous mushrooms are popping up, almost overnight.

Eaten by your pet, they can cause some serious stomach issues. In rare cases, even death.

Dr. Amy  Auwarter said,"If a dog were to ingest mushrooms it would likely cause stomach distress, vomiting, diarrhea.  The few poisonous  ones can cause liver failure."

Veterinarians say very few toadstools are dangerously toxic.

But there are thousands of mushroom species, making them difficult if not impossible for the non-expert to identify.

Expert say the solution is really quite simple. If you see any mushrooms pop up in your backyard, get rid of them right away.

That way you don't need to worry if they are poisonous or not.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Latest News

More News


KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter