MUSKOGEE COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – Authorities in Muskogee County are investigating a deadly incident that claimed the lives of two people.
Around 11 a.m. on Dec. 4, emergency crews were called to a creek east of Warner in Muskogee County after bystanders spotted a truck in the water.
When first responders arrived at the scene, they found the truck downstream.
Sadly, investigators also discovered the bodies of 66-year-old Dusty Ross and Larry Beckett in the water.
According to an accident report by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, authorities believe the men were trying to cross a low water bridge around 9 p.m. on Dec. 2.
However, the water ended up pushing the truck into the creek.
- OSDH: 747 new COVID-19 cases, 0 new deaths reported in Oklahoma
- Newsfeed Now: Voting rights takes center stage on Capitol Hill; Musician helps NASA put a microphone on Mars
- Police warn of possible threat to Capitol by militia group Thursday
- ‘Forget your purse! Let’s go!’: Watch Florida deputies rescue 73-year-old woman from sinking car
- Pet sickness, death linked to flea and tick collar, investigation finds