OKLAHOMA CITY – Two people were hurt after an explosion and house fire on the city’s far northwest side Tuesday evening.
Fire crews were called to a home in the 12100 block of Moritz Court, near NW 122nd and Council at about 8:00 p.m. for reports of an explosion and fire.
Two people, a man and a woman, were transported to the hospital with burns. Their conditions aren’t known. A third person was able to get out of the house safely.
The Oklahoma City Fire Department says the homeowner was working on a boat inside the garage when a spark from the battery ignited gas fumes, causing an explosion.
Crews say the fire then quickly spread to the attic. It took about 15 minutes to put the fire out.
Firefighters were able to rescue a dog but it is now missing. Ollie is around 10 pounds and is a brown and white mix. A person who lives in the home says Ollie is a rescue dog and can be timid. Some who live in the neighborhood say they had spotted the dog, but it ran off.
OKCFD estimates the damages total around $100,000.