NEW: Logan County murder suspects charged

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

UPDATE: 4/4 - The women arrested for the death of Shawn Masters were arraigned today.

Brandy Hanson and Angel Munoz were both charged with desecration of a human corpse as well as conspiracy to commit a felony.

Hanson's bail is set for $500,000.

Munoz's bail is set for $1,00,000.

As of now, neither of the suspects have been officially charged with first degree murder.


LOGAN COUNTY - New details involving the death of Shawn Masters.

According to court documents - one of the suspects tried four different times to kill the victim.

Beating him, stabbing him, choking him and eventually setting him on fire.

One suspect reportedly even talked on her cell phone during the crime and allegedly complained that the victim "just wouldn't die."

A charred plot of land marks the spot where Shawn Masters was burned and left for dead.

Thursday court documents reveal the gruesome details of how he ended up there.

Sgt. David Hynd with Logan County Sheriff's Office said, "It's definitely a very horrific crime."

Investigators say at three people played a role.

MORE: 3 charged in Logan County murder

Brandy Hanson who is also known as "Whiskey" told deputies she, Angel Munoz and Shawn Masters where all at Angel's Oklahoma City home near 4th and Walker.

Hanson told investigators two unidentified men showed up and began attacking masters with a baseball bat and wooden stick.

One of them tied his hands behind his back with zip ties.

Hanson said the men left with the victims' I-phone and a bag of meth, but Munoz kept beating him.

The affidavit states she went outside, grabbed a trash can then stuffed Master's body inside.

Hanson said she could still hear him moaning when Munoz made her use bleach to clean up the blood splattered on the wall, floor and couch.

Hanson told detectives Munoz continued to stab Masters with several different knives while he was inside the trash can.

Court documents show Munoz tried to strangle Masters with a thin cord but it broke.

"Our heart-felt condolences go out to Mr. Master's family because for him to go through an incident such as this we can only imagine what he went through those last hours," said Hynd.

All the while Munoz was heard on the phone with someone saying "he wouldn't die."

Hanson said her friend also asked the person on the other end for help getting rid of the body.

Then a another call was made to Johnny Snow.

Investigators say he showed up to help get rid of the body.

The three apparently rented a U-Haul truck, drove to the rural area and dumped the trash can in a brush pile then set it on fire.

For almost two months, Masters' family had no idea he was dead.

Hynd said, "They're very obviously upset. Anytime you lose a family member, lose a son it's very disheartening in a manner such as this."

Johnny Snow was arraigned today and charged with unlawful disposal of a body.

Brandy Hanson and Angel Munoz are expected to be arraigned tomorrow facing charges of first degree murder.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ
graphic of the Red Cross

Latest News

More News


KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter