NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A federal judge has blocked the release of a Tennessee man who authorities say carried flexible plastic handcuffs during the riot at the U.S. Capitol earlier this month.
The judge in Washington, D.C., on Sunday set aside a lower court’s order concerning the release of Eric Munchel of Nashville pending a review.
The lower court judge determined Friday that Munchel wasn’t a flight risk and didn’t pose harm to the public.
Munchel is charged with violent entry and disorderly conduct on the Capitol grounds, conspiracy and civil disorder. He faces up to 20 years if convicted.
- Man accused of trying to run over ex-wife & her boyfriend in Enid
- Sunbeam is recruiting 100 volunteers to help with senior citizen engagement
- Longtime High School Football Coach Joe Tunnell Dies
- Enid teen stabbed during robbery at work speaks out while suspects are still on the run
- Potholes a major problem after winter storm, one woman totals car after hitting one as city works to repair them