TULSA, Okla. (KNWA/KFTA) — GoFresh and the USDA will continue its “Farmers to Families Food Box” program for the Midwest and Southwest through August 2020.
According to a GoFresh release, about 2 million boxes and more than 50 million pounds of produce and dairy will be delivered to American families on behalf of the USDA, this amount is what was delivered in May and June of this year.
There will be six different types of boxes and will have U.S. domestic products and “range across the spectrum of dairy and produce,” according to the release.
Box recipients are 501(c)(3) non-profit charities, food banks, schools, and Native American Tribes.
- Body of 19-year-old driver recovered from Lake Hefner about 100 yards from car
- Protest held after 15-year-old armed robbery suspect shot and killed by Oklahoma City police
- Dance teachers Pay it Forward by teaching dancing to people battling Parkinson’s disease
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Passenger dies in 2-vehicle crash allegedly caused by DUI