Mobile Ala. (WKRG) — A utility worker heading home after helping to restore power on the Gulf Coast was killed Wednesday in a crash in Mississippi.
The crash happened on Highway 45 in Macon, MS. The utility worker was driving in a convoy of power trucks when he struck an 18-wheeler, according to Assistant Police Chief Douglas Triplett.
Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun confirms to WKRG News 5 the man killed has been identified as 37-year-old, Darrell Holt, from Excelsior Springs, Missouri. WKRG has learned he worked for R&M Pole Line Construction.
Holt’s family has started a fund to raise money for his funeral. If you would like to donate, click here.
- Global supply chain shortage causes concern for Oklahoma City metro small business owners during busiest shopping season of the year
- Two families complain of several stolen items from storage units in Shawnee, allege one man was arrested
- CDC expects to identify omicron COVID-19 variant ‘quickly’ if it gets to US
- It’s time for Bedlam Football!
- Spoiled generation: 4 in 5 parents say children aren’t thankful for what they have