OKLAHOMA CITY – The OKC-County Health Department is helping you prepare for severe weather.
Severe weather is possible Wednesday evening and it’s important for families to know their weather plan.
The department urges residents to make an emergency preparedness kit by storing items in one or two easy-to-carry containers such as plastic bins or a duffel bag.
Most Oklahomans know it’s important to have the regular necessities such as flashlights, batteries, a radio, and a first aid kit.
Here are some other items that may be forgotten in an emergency preparedness kit:
- Infant formula, bottles, diapers, wipes, diaper rash cream
- Non-prescription medications such as pain reliever
- Pet food and extra water for your pet
- Cash or traveler’s check
- Family documents such as insurance policies, bank records, and social security cards
- Glasses and contact lens solution
- Sleeping bags or a blanket for each person
- Feminine supplies and personal hygiene item
- A 3-day supply of water and non-perishable food
- Paper cups, plates, paper towels, and utensils
- Books, games, puzzles and other activities for children