FAIRHOPE, Ala. (WKRG) — Winston Groom, the famed author of “Forrest Gump” and Point Clear native, has died.
Fairhope Mayor Karin Wilson posted on Facebook Thursday about his passing.
“It is with great sadness that I share the passing of our dear friend Winston Groom. The City of Fairhope has lost an iconic author today. Please keep his friends and family in your thoughts and prayers,” Wilson wrote on Facebook.
Groom wrote the novel “Forrest Gump” in 1986, and it was adapted into the blockbuster movie that released in 1994 starring Tom Hanks, Gary Sinise and Robin Wright.
- President Trump issues several pardons, ‘Joe Exotic’ not one of them
- Tinker Air Force Base gate to close for construction
- President Trump pardons rapper Lil Wayne, commutes Kodak Black’s sentence
- Middle Two Quarters Doom Thunder at Denver
- EXCLUSIVE: ‘The system failed us’ – Family disappointed in EMSA ambulance delay