NEWINGTON, Conn. – One woman’s reaction to getting poison ivy in her eyes is going viral.
Emily Petrozza, 21, told Mashable that she was out fishing with her a friend when she came in contact with poison ivy.
The rash started on her arms, but eventually spread to her face.
“It started on my arms and I’m guessing spread to my face from taking my contacts out. Yesterday morning I woke up and couldn’t open my eyes,” Emily told Mashable.
Emily’s sister Lauren then shared photos of Emily’s severe reaction to Twitter.
DONT GET POISON IVY ON YOUR EYES pic.twitter.com/yy9oOf2sHM
— Laur (@lauren_petrozza) June 13, 2016
Her tweet quickly went viral, receiving more than 33,400 retweets and 58,000 likes.
Emily told KFOR sister station WTIC that she is doing much better after taking medication and can “actually open” her eyes now.
— FOX61 (@FOX61News) June 15, 2016
[protected-iframe id=”a6035831e17a29534cf7f7fa0949de06-29519643-62065474″ info=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” class=”twitter-tweet”width=”600″ height=”460″ ]