This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Here are links to the money management, receipt organizers and tax help apps.
- Slice: This app is really intended to organize online shopping by recording purchases and tracking packages. That said, it could work for your tax records, too, if you make a lot of business-related purchases online. Slice links with your email account to pull and store e-receipt data. Best of all, Slice is free.
- PowerWallet: PowerWallet is a comprehensive money management system. It links to your bank and financial accounts to track spending and organize expenses.
- MileIQ: This app may become an useful tool for you if you If you travel frequently for business and have an iPhone.
- MileBug: This is the business travel tracking app similar to MileIQ but for the Android or Windows phone user, MileBug does essentially the same thing as MileIQ.
- ItsDeductible: Offered by tax software provider TurboTax, ItsDeductible is a free way to track your donations either online or on your iPhone. The app is set up to track everything from drop-offs at the thrift store to cash donations to mileage.
- iDonatedIt: Another useful app for tracking non-cash donations isiDonatedIt. Like ItsDeductible, this app is only available for Apple devices. It will also allow you to take a photo of your items and use as additional documentation and organization.
- deductr: This is an app that rolls mileage tracking, expense organizer and a time management into one. It will also flag you about potential deductions based on your spending. This is best for small business owners.
- H&R Block: This app can assist you in filing your taxes quickly and efficiently. You can use it to file a return, estimate taxes or track your refund. There are costs involved for using the service but the apps are free.
- TurboTax has a mobile app that allows users to take photos of their W-2s and automatically fill in their tax forms. There are fees involved when using the service to file but the app is free.
- TaxACT Express app lets you take a photo of your W-2 and complete your form on your phone. One big difference is that TaxACT will both prepare and e-file simple federal and state returns for free.
- IRS2Go: This free app for Apple and Android devices will help you locate free tax preparation services, allow you to request copies of your tax records and, of course, track the status of your refund.