OKLAHOMA CITY – Parents who are looking for summer child care options are encouraged to take advantage of a free program.
Rainbow Fleet, a nonprofit child care resource and referral agency, helps parents find quality child care in their area.
“Finding the right child care environment is an important decision,” said Carrie Williams, Rainbow Fleet’s executive director, “We can help parents identify quality child care options in their area and provide information about other resources, like educational activities, available for their children.”
Williams also provided the following tips for evaluating a potential child care provider:
-Tour the facility and look for cleanliness and organization of the environment, including the playground.
– Watch the interaction between providers and the children in their care.
– Ask about the daily routine, including structured learning time and free play.
– Ask about the provider’s qualifications, including experience and training.
– Visit multiple providers before making a decision.
– Confirm that the provider is properly licensed by the state.
– Review the provider’s licensing file at the Department of Human Services Child Care Licensing Office.
For more information, visit the organization’s website or call (405) 525-3111 for child care referrals.