Request a Filing Extension

Seen on TV
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Request a Filing Extension – For taxpayers who cannot meet the April 17 deadline, requesting a filing extension is easy and will prevent late filing penalties.

Either use Free File or Form 4868 but keep in mind that while an extension grants additional time to file, tax payments are still due April 17.


Follow @KFOR on Twitter