May the best beard win.
The contest is over and the winners have been selected! We will be notifying the winners through Facebook soon.
Thanks to all of you that submitted photos!
It’s a facial hair frenzy to show our spirit for the OKC Thunder Basketball Team. They are in the NBA Finals and James Harden’s beard has become an NBA icon.
News Channel 4 Best Beard Facebook Contest – Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. KFOR TV will conduct the Sweepstakes substantially as described in these rules. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules. This Sweepstakes may be temporarily postponed or discontinued at any time without prior notice. This Sweepstakes, and all Sweepstakes material, is © 2012 by Local TV LLC. All rights reserved.
1. Eligibility: Only one (1) winner per Facebook Account. Participant(s) and winner(s) must be legal US residents at least 13 years old as determined by KFOR TV and reside in the Oklahoma City Designated Market Area as defined by The Nielsen Company. KFOR TV reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Winners are subject to verification by KFOR TV of the winner’s name, age, address, home phone number, work/cell phone number, and social security number. If a winner is disqualified, KFOR TV reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award that winner’s prize at all. Employees of KFOR TV, Local TV LLC, the Sweepstakes participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other television or radio stations, and members of the immediate families of such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, and any other person residing at the same household whether or not related. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes beginning on Friday, June 8th, 2012 and ends at 6pm on Friday, Tuesday June 19, 2012. KFOR TV reserves the right to shorten or extend the Sweepstakes dates.
3. Sweepstakes Entry: KFOR Viewers will need to send in their best picture of themselves wearing a Beard. During the Sweepstakes Period, viewers must become a Facebook Fan of KFOR. You must go to KFOR.com/facebook and “LIKE” KFOR on Facebook to upload you’re best beard picture. If you are already a Facebook Fan of KFOR, you will be eligible.
4. Prizes: There will be Four (4) Winners: Each winner will win a “Fear The Beard” T-Shirt each valued at $25 each. Each Prize winner has Thirty (30) business days after winner verification by KFOR TV to pick up the prize at the studios of KFOR located at 444 East Britton Road in Oklahoma City 73114. Each winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity.
5. Winner Notifications: Qualifiers will be picked randomly on June 19 2012 at 5pm and then will be contacted by Facebook Message.
6. Prize Acceptance/Restrictions: All prizes are not transferable or assignable. No substitution allowed except by KFOR TV, which may substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prizes become unavailable.
7. Release; Publicity; Use of Personal Information: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against KFOR TV, its employees and agents, the Sweepstakes sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Sweepstakes, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by KFOR TV. By accepting a prize, the winner consents to use of his or her name, state of residence, and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes online, for broadcast, and in print, or in any other media worldwide in connection with the Sweepstakes, without limitation and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
8. Electronic Message Disclaimer: KFOR TV disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. KFOR TV is not responsible for mechanical, technical, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind, including failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of entries, or traffic congestion on telephone lines which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes.
9. Taxes: Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to KFOR TV, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. All taxes, including federal, state, and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any person winning over $600 in prizes will receive a 1099 form from KFOR at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form should be filed with the IRS. Each winner must provide KFOR TV with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded.
10. Limitation of Liability: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the Official Rules and decisions of KFOR TV, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless KFOR TV and its respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including but not limited to death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize. KFOR TV reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes if unauthorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such event, notice thereof will be posted on KFOR-TV’s website. Persons who violate any rule, try to gain unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstakes, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. KFOR TV will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes concerning the rules or the Sweepstakes, and KFOR TV’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Sweepstakes is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference, or any event beyond the control of KFOR TV, KFOR TV reserves the right to terminate the Sweepstakes, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as KFOR TV deems appropriate. KFOR TV may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT, OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, KFOR TV RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND TO DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES or any other Sweepstakes.
11. Official Rules: To request a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KFOR TV’s business offices at KFOR TV at 444 East Britton Road, OKC , OK 73114 or online at www.kfor.com. All entries become the property of KFOR TV and will not be returned.
12. Compliance with Law: The conduct of the Sweepstakes is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. KFOR TV shall follow the applicable laws for conducting Sweepstakes.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY