OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – The Oklahoma City Thunder announced today the team has signed guard Luguentz Dort to a multi-year contract.
During the 2019-20 season, Dort has appeared in 29 games (21 starts) for the Thunder and averaged 6.2 points to go along with 1.9 rebounds and 0.79 steals in 22.0 minutes per game. Oklahoma City has posted a 16-5 record (.762) with Dort in the team’s starting lineup this season.
The Montreal, Canada native scored a career-best 23 points Jan. 29 at Sacramento after shooting 5-of-6 from beyond the 3-point arc and became just the fourth Thunder rookie to knock down five or more threes in a single game. Additionally, Dort registered the second-best shooting night by a Thunder rookie on Feb. 23 versus San Antonio when he went a perfect 6-of-6 from the field en route to 15 points during the Thunder’s victory versus the Spurs.
Dort was signed to a Two-Way Contract by the Thunder last July after one season at Arizona State where he earned Pac-12 Freshman of the Year and Pac-12 All-Defense Team honors.
- IN YOUR CORNER: Metro man fights for grandmother’s tax documents
- Delivery driver harassed and blocked inside gated OKC neighborhood files civil lawsuit
- Court documents reveal man planned to pay 17 year old for sex, gets robbed
- Norman Nascar Star Bell Faces Twists & Turns During Rookie Season
- Trump commutes Roger Stone’s sentence