OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Rainbows typically come after a storm, but with this experiment you can make one in your home!
What you will need:
- 6 glass jars or clear glasses
- Red, yellow and blue food coloring
- Paper towels
- Optional: Timer
- Fill 3 jars or glasses full with water.
- Put blue, red and yellow food coloring into the 3 separate jars filled with water.
- Arrange jars in a circle, starting with a full jar and then alternating between empty and full jars.
- Fold or roll paper towels lengthwise and arch between the jars.
- Wait, watch and record as the water transfers to the empty jars, mixing a new color! The complete process could take 24 hours.